GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
This position has primary responsibility for handling cases of bankruptcy, receivership, estate and probate matters and other third party assignments for the benefit of creditors, with the goal of maximizing recovery and minimizing losses and expenses in managing these matters. Secondarily, the position will assist the collection staff with difficult, escalated or complicated collection matters to include but not limited to Assumptions, UCC filings and adjustment and Legal Placement with followup and direction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upon receipt of a bankruptcy account, review prior collection work for completeness to ensure quality work has been completed by the collection staff including complete notes, timely demands and other due diligence as required.
- Determine type of bankruptcy which has been filed, and Ascentium Capital’s treatment as a secured creditor.
- Take immediate steps to determine the customer’s intentions, through the attorney or trustee (or debtor as applicable), and develop strategies to either recover the collateral or obtain payments.
- Aggressively pursue any and all non-bankrupt parties under the contract.
- Determine if local counsel should be retained and if so, make recommendation to SVP Asset Management.
- Establish and monitor workout agreements.
- Analyze problem contracts in order to determine the most cost effective method of financial recovery, which may include the placement of the contract with a third party collection agent or attorney.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for outside counsel in the litigation and collection of seriously defaulted contracts.
- Maintain frequent and consistent follow-up with attorneys, agencies and remarketing agents in order to determine their effectiveness in handling placements.
- Approve attorney invoices for payment in legal matters.
- Timely prepare and present to SVP Asset Management for signature, all court documentation necessary to execute the appropriate bankruptcy strategy on each account.
- Coordinate with remarketing agents the sale of repossessed assets for the highest possible resale amount. Perform research to ensure highest possible amount. Provide notice of sale to customers.
- Provide feedback and guidance to collection staff to support an effective collection team.
- Lead and assist in training and support of new hires. May provide input to manager for performance review purposes.
Assume some early stage, non-bankrupt collection accounts as part of the daily work list, and/or assist collection staff with escalated matters.
Any other duties within the scope and ability as directed by the SVP Asset Management.
Maintain a confidential work ethic regarding all company policies, procedures and other pertinent information related to customer information.
Provide recommendations to SVP Asset Management to changes in policy, procedure and/or practice which will enhance employee efficiency.